Accommodations and Transportation
On Site Camping
Two specific camping areas are available at the Games site. One for motorhomes and tent trailers, and another for tent camping. Grounds open for camping Wednesday August 2, 10:00 am and will continue to take campers until the end of the Games. Pets are welcome in the RV camping area as long as they remain at the RV and are leashed at all times. No pets are allowed on the Games site other than service animals.
Showers available at nearby arena:
Thursday 7:00-9:00am, 5:00-8:00pm
Friday 6:00-10:00am, 5:00-8:00pm
Saturday 6:00-10:00am, 5:00-8:00pm
Sunday - 8:00-10:00am.
- ALL CAMPING: Payment for your stay is made on-site upon arrival
- NO GLASS ALLOWED ANYWHERE IN THE CAMPING AREA
- NO PRE-BOOKING for tents and non-serviced RV sites.
For further information contact the Games office 613-527-2876 or 1888-298-1666.
Motorhomes, Tent Trailers, and Hardtops
Take note: The individual who registers the RV in their name (an adult over the age of 18) must be staying at the site, and takes full responsibility for what happens on and around their site.
- Serviced RV sites go on sale April 1st 2017 at 9:00am. Please call the Games office at 613-527-2876 or 888-298-1666.
- The cost for a serviced site is $100 and is due upon reservation by credit card or cheque.
- When you arrive at the camping area, each person (up to 6 maximum per site) will pay an additional $60 each which includes Games admission for both days. For example, a serviced site with 4 people staying on it would be $340 in total. ($100 pre-paid for reservation and $240 paid upon arrival).
Non Serviced Sites
- Non serviced sites cannot be pre-booked and are on a first come, first served basis.
- The cost is $60 per person, no charge for children under 12 years old. Maximum of 6 per site.
- Fee is payable upon arrival at the camp registration area. Games admission for both days is included. E.g. The cost for RV camping for 4 people would be $240. Reservations not available.
- NO ALCOHOL ALLOWED IN TENT CAMPING AREA.
- The campsite must be registered in the name of someone over the age of 18 who is staying on the site and will take responsibility for all that takes place on site.
- $60.00 per person per weekend, no charge for children under 12 years old. Maximum of 6 people per site.
- Includes Friday and Saturday access to the Games.
- Entry to tent camping begins Wednesday, August 2, 2017 at 10:00am.
- Anyone wishing to stay for a shortened period of time will have to discuss this with the director in charge upon arrival.
- Portable washrooms on site
1 vehicle with 4 people
|Camp site (for weekend)||$60 (x4)|
Each person will be issued a wristband when entering the site. ONLY persons with wristbands will be allowed on site.
Additional Camping Options
For those looking for a more traditional camping experience there are several options available along the beautiful St. Lawrence River. For more information visit Parks of the St. Lawrence.
The Comfort Inn in Cornwall is offering a great Games accommodation price of $109/night during the week of the Games. Not only is that a great price, but they will offer a complementary hot breakfast as well.
VISIT OTTAWA: The Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa is proud to offer a preferred rate for the Glengarry Highland Games. Our special rate of $129/night is valid from Wednesday, July 27, 2016 to Wednesday, August 3, 2016. Reservations must be made before Monday June 27 by calling at (819) 778-3880 or 1-800-567-1962 and mention code GHG
Microtel Casselman is located just 15 minutes away and invites everyone to come and stay with us during the week of the Highland Games with rates starting at $119/night including continental breakfast, WiFi, parking, and fitness room. Book now for the Games and stay at the closest hotel. Don’t forget to ask us about our great Calypso Waterpark packages.
Best Western Parkway Inn & Conference Centre - Cornwall
Ramada Inn - Cornwall
McIntosh Country Inn & Conference Centre - Morrisburg
Place 19-67 (only 20 minutes from the Highland games. 19 rooms with 7 fully renovated.)
Cedar Drive Bed and Breakfast